Learn what we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
We at DB Industrial Supply are dedicated to keeping our workers and customers safe and preventing the spread of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
What are we doing?
Being an ecommerce company deemed essential during this outbreak, all of our customer service and sales reps are working from thier home offices, and will be doing so for weeks to come out of an abundance of caution.
We are working closely with our manufacturers to ensure thier warehouses are kept clean and sanitized several times a day. All manufacturing and warehouse staff are taking precautionary measures at home and at work to prevent the spread. Packages and materials are also being sanitized as orders are filled.
Unfortunately at some of our larger warehouses, some employees have been instructed to stay home, which in turn could cause minor delays in production and delivery. We are doing our very best to fill orders promptly while keeping safety our utmost priority.
Is it safe to accept packages during this Pandemic?
DB Industrial Supply is taking extreme measures to keep our staff safe and prevent the spread of infection, based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO).
The World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have stated that the likelihood of novel Coronavirus contaminating cardboard or other shipping containers is low.
Research shows that COVID-19 lives for 24 hours on cardboard and 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel. This is great news for nonperishable deliveries. It means that if you simply let cardboard-packaged items sit for 24 hours before you touch them, and plastic packaging sit for 72 hours, you are safe.
To be extra-cautious, especially if you are in a higher risk group, you can dispose of your outer packaging outside of your home and wash your hands immediately after handling. However, this is likely not necessary for most people handling cardboard boxes.
If you have any other questions or concerns about what we are doing to prevent the spread, feel free to give us a call or email. From our family to yours, stay safe and continue to practice social distancing!
How UPS is responding to the Coronavirus:
UPS continues to deliver to locations around the world, where permitted.
As always, our highest priority is to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers while meeting our service commitments. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Constant monitoring of our air and ground networks to address potential sources of disruption in our air and ground networks.
- Compliance with applicable government regulations related to the containment of Coronavirus.
- Careful guidance and information being provided to our staff across the globe regarding the best ways to prevent the spread of infection, based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO). Please also see the FAQ below.
- Ability to track your deliveries worldwide on UPS.com.
- Where available, you can sign up for the free UPS My Choice which enables you to provide more specific delivery instructions such as where to leave deliveries, where to redirect them and the ability to receive delivery notifications.